Impediments can slow down or even halt the progress of an otherwise well-functioning Scrum team. Stefan Roock has 5 tips on impediment resolution.
- If the impediment backlog lives in the mysterious black book of the ScrumMaster, you have a problem.
- If your impediment backlog does not change you have a problem.
- If your impediment backlog is empty, you have a problem.
- If you have an impediment backlog with a growing number of active impediments, you have a problem.
- If the ScrumMaster resolves all impediments himself you have a problem.
- Make the impediments visible
- Search for impediments
- Limit the number of impediments
- Differentiate between local and global impediments
- Help the team to resolve impediments
Please check out the blog post at Scrum Alliance for more details about the solutions.